June 29, 2010

Explaining This Blog Part I: Long and Thoughful

I have been reading blogs on the web for the past three years or so. I know, that makes me very outdated, because blogging has been around for at least a decade. There it is, I'm outdated.
Also, I notice that most blogs nowadays are short, almost twitter like. Some of the blogs I read are very personal, and some belong to the 'general good advice' category.
Most blogs I know by Israelis are in Hebrew. In fact, being a Hebrew speaking Israeli, makes writing an English blog a pretty unusual choice.
Also, most people blog every day.
So. what's my point?
The point is that I want a blog that is more thoughtful. I want to be not up to date. For example, I want to write books reviews about Alice in wonderland, or movie reviews about 'Hair', or music reviews about the Monkees.
I think it is possible to do it from where I'm sitting. Beer Sheva, my home town, has supposedly been around since at least 3,000 years ago (the days of Abraham the patriarch), and word has it that it has not changed much since...
So I'm not going to post every day, I'm not going to be up to date, I'm not going to tell you my personal thoughts about the lines at the post office (unless I'm really mad, because they can are insufferable here...), and I'm certainly not going to offer you advice about how to buy LCD TVs, or how to market your hand woven baskets.
Interested?
If so, next week I'll explain a few other things that I'm not going to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment